Moisture problem in the basement will cause the foundation concrete to deteriorate by expanding cracks and crumbling the concrete:
- Promote growth of mold, and spreading its spores around the house.
- Damage drywall, flooring materials, warp the studs and any materials that will come in contact with it.
- Promote rusting of pipes and jeopardize integrity of electrical system.
- Will damage the furnishings.
- Will render areas of your home not suitable for living, or even, storage.
If your basement retains moisture and frequently basement do not put away resolving the problem till better times. The truth is, it will never go away by itself, no matter how much we would hope for it. That is why if you notice the signs of excessive moisture in the basement do not shy away from solving the problem, delay will result in higher bills and quite possible, serious structural damage.